WE ARE LOOKING FOR COMPASSIONATE & PROFESSIONAL
BIRTH DOULAS & POSTPARTUM AND INFANT CARE DOULAS
TO JOIN OUR TEAM
Northern Virginia and DC families aren’t the only ones that are growing! We are looking for Birth Doulas and Postpartum and Infant Care Doulas to join our team.
APPLICANTS MUST BE:
- professional, compassionate, and self-motivated individuals who want to earn a living doing what they love.
- capable of providing non-judgmental support to all families. Activists who desire to support and/or promote only a specific type of parenting style need not apply.
- available to support families as needed. On-call and last-minute availability is an essential part of this career.
- be willing to work in team dynamics and maintain respectful communication between everyone involved including colleagues, clients and clients’ families, and medical professionals.
- ProDoula trained or be willing to train and certify with ProDoula. A completed training is not required at the time of application but must be completed before an offer is extended.
For local upcoming doula trainings, please visit ProDoula’s website
BY WORKING AS A DONVA INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR, YOU:
- can pursue your passion while earning a living wage.
- will work with a team of like-minded professionals to learn and grow together, support you on and off the job, and provide you with the opportunity for this to be a sustainable, life-long career.
- can focus on doing what you love – supporting growing families – while we take care of the rest: marketing, branding, client aquisition, finances, website management and more.
Please submit a letter of intent and two references (one personal and one professional) to with the subject “Letter of Intent – [Full Name]”
In your letter of intent, please address the following:
- Why did you become/would like to become a postpartum doula?
- What does “complete support” of new families means to you?
- Why would you like to join the Doulas of Northern Virginia team?
- What position(s) are you interested in?
All applications will be given the highest level of consideration.